Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Great Food, All Day Long

I read cookbooks for fun.  Read.  Not cook from.

Source
If you want to feel some kind of way about your food and have a moment of vegetarian induced hilarity you might want to give this one a look.

Why?:

  • It is written by Maya Angelou and whenever I read anything she writes I imagine her voice in my head.  She speaks to me.  Nina Simone does too and I don't care how weird that sounds.
  • This cookbook is hilarious for two reasons, the vegetarian section and the portion sizes she recommends.  Ms. Angelou is a delicate older woman and I . . . am not.
  • The food looks beautiful and the recommendations for leftovers in the beginning are really excellent ideas to eat the same things without feeling like you are eating the same things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive