Monday, April 18, 2011

Un-Planning a Wedding

Remember our tiny budget?

That budget was a major stressor for a while.  I couldn't figure out how to make it work and still feel like a event.  I was struggling with the casualness of it all.  I wasn't immediately sure why that was because as I've mentioned before we are actually casual people.

Part of the reason might be that most wedding blogs, sites, resources, whatever are so opposite of our goals and definitely our budget.  It was a little disheartening.

I've mellowed since then.

First, I let the wedding planning go for a little while.  Wes and I have a lot going on here these days and he's going to be out of the frame for a while as he gets ready for his qualifiers.  There's a family reunion coming up and I have a project to complete for that.  The Little Bit's birthday is next month . . . and life goes on.

Second, I have learned to find inspiration elsewhere.  As time went by and I focused less time and energy on wedding planning, I started finding inexpensive options elsewhere that could work for our wedding.  Things that won't cost a fortune and will still feel special.  I plan to feature some of those ideas here in the upcoming weeks.

I call it un-planning and it is really kind of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive