Friday, May 20, 2011

Finding a Blog Identity

How does a blogger know what to write about?  How do I make it interesting and engaging and hopefully, useful?

Those are questions I struggle with daily.  I'm sure you noticed.  I tend to write about what I'm doing-projects and whatnot but sometimes I wonder if I might not also write about my inner thoughts and feelings and blah blah blah. 

Except I really do feel like that would come off like Charlie Brown's teacher.

I am still trying to find my blogger voice.  I write about my wedding a lot because that's what I have going on, but I don't want this to be a blog all about the wedding.  There's so much more to life right?  I also write about my projects-mostly wedding projects, but again, that's where I am at right now.  I intend to branch out into other areas soon.

Ultimately I would like this blog to be a mash-up of all the things that I love, enjoy, and agonize over.  It is also proving to be a quite vigorous writing exercise.  Hopefully I will become a better writer in the process of making my daily ramblings seem interesting to you.

By the way-I'm trying out some new things design wise.  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive