Wednesday, May 4, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow? In May

Exciting news, we harvested our first lettuce!  And it was delicious.

All Images by Me
As you can see, most of our greens are moving right along.  We still need to get some more tomato cages and I have plans to net our strawberries and trellis our cucumber and melons.  Cucumbers, melons, and our pepper plants are moving along slowly but the squash is growing like a foot at a time.

I also planted some nasturtiums and I have plans to try to grow lettuce and greens outdoors later on in the summer.  I read that we could try to shade them with taller plants so I have some sunflowers that will be going in as soon as I can make some time to get out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive