Monday, June 27, 2011

Dry Hair Styling

I've been experimenting with dry hair styling.  You would think I would have figured this out in the winter . . . but I'm kind of slow.

I finally got around to washing and de-tangling over the weekend.  After a few weeks of finger de-tangling and slicking a little conditioner through . . . it was a beast.  Instead of twisting I decided to dry my hair by banding.  I threw a *GASP* cotton bandana on over that monstrosity and went on about my business for the rest of the weekend.  Last night I had the brilliant idea to give bantu knots a try.

I just twisted these up with a little SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and slept on it for a night.  These are by far the best looking Bantu knots I've ever managed.

All of these stunning images are my creation
 A little goofy action shot of the takedown . . .


Et voila . . . .


We might have a contender for a wedding day hairstyle.  If I had used a styler with a little more holding power and a little more shine . . . we might seriously be talking.  We might even be making out.

My attempt at styling.  And yes-that is the same busted paper flower I made in my first attempt at a paper flower bouquet.


Sidebar . . .  I was still in my pajamas when these photos were taken.  Some folks get rid of stained tank tops and t-shirts.  Around here we just retire them to night time wear.  Check out Kiki in the background in that same busted-ass dress.  More on that later.

Anyway.  I tried the double band look and I think it could definitely be adapted to the festivities.  Imagine some pretty ribbon instead of a Goody band . . . you get the idea.


As a whole I kind of love this look.  My hair has serious body and hang time in the back.  Considering how it usually looks back there I'm considering this a win.

 
 

What do you think?  It the Bantu knot out a do or a don't?

P.S. Headed out to class . . . tremendous fro after the first hour.  I smoothed that back into a banging afro puff though so I'm still loving it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive