Monday, July 18, 2011

DIY?=Epic FAIL

 There comes a time in every girls life when she just has to say fuck it. 

Friends, today is the day.

I’m kind of over this wedding thing.  I have been futzing with paper, obsessing over flowers, contemplating dress variations and various other ridiculous things and I would really like my regular life back now.

I want to remove Weddingbee from my daily blogroll.  I want to stop fishing my Brides magazine out of the bathroom trashcan just to look at the pictures.  It is time to stop the madness.

I looked over my insane four column list of things that still need doing and decided that at least half of them will not be done by me. 

Oh yes-I was lazy and cheap as hell before but friends, it’s about to get real.  Really real.

Mama will just have to be horrified.

Some things were great ideas and cost effective ways to include elements that I might not otherwise be able to afford.  Some were just showing off.  As in . . . “look how little I’m going to spend and what I can achieve anyway.  Aren’t I awesome?!”  

I'm holding on to the easy projects and to the things I really love.  Everything else is getting sent to the "Nope" bin.

Ultimately I am recommitting myself to simplicity.  Hopefully that will also translate into a lot less bitching by yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive