Saturday, September 17, 2011

Let's Try . . . Larabar Jocolat!


It looks like it should be delicious.  I’m always a sucker for chocolate in non-shiny packaging. 

It is, however, healthy.  Healthy chocolate is always hit or miss with me.  Mostly miss. 

The Product
Source

Ingredients
Gotta love these ingredients though: Dates, Almonds, Walnuts, Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened Chocloate, and Cashews-all organic.

Review
The first bite was kind of meh.  I think that has more to do with the fact that the bar looks like a decadently fudgey brownie . . . and it really isn’t.  On second bite, the complexity of the flavor really starts to come through.  It’s dark chocolate with hints of crunchy, nutty, sweetness.  It’s really kind of a cool combination.

Final Thoughts
I think if I had already started the refined sugar purge that Wes is on, I would be madly in love.  Since I still have a taste for the supersweet stuff, I am maintaining that Larabar Jocolat and I are just friends.  (It will be interesting to see how my tastes change as I wean myself off of sugar.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive