Monday, February 20, 2012

Stripes in Ya' Life


I'm probably behind the trend on this one but it's okay.  At least I know my love for chevron stripes is a lasting one.  I finally got around to making my very own chevron stripe rug ala this tutorial.

I followed High-Heeled Foot in the Door's instructions pretty much exactly.  I got my fabric from Fabric.com and it is a light/medium weight canvas duck.  If you don't want to order online most fabric and craft stores carry it in solids and prints.

One note I would add that those of you versed in homemaking probably won't need is that rug pads are smaller than the area of the rug that they serve.  I was expecting a 4 x 6 pad and it was considerably smaller than that.  I still tossed it under my rug and it does a good job keeping it in place.

It's awesome and I love it even if Wes did get dizzy while helping me layer and stitch it together.  The pattern kind of lures you in.  It's also surprisingly cushy since I decided to spring for the fifteen dollar rug pad instead of the eight dollar one.


It adds a certain something to the living room.  I'd post a better picture but to be perfectly honest, I only cleaned the necessary parts to take this one, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive