This is my easy bookcase standing desk hack:
|The clutter you see is real|
As you can see, we have a media center configuration consisting of two cubical shelving units and two bookcases. Creating this standing desk was a simple matter of re-homing some books in other rooms and adjusting shelving to the correct height.
- Working at a standing desk does take some getting used to. Your legs and your feet have to get used to it. Ultimately, I like standing up and working a lot more.
- The television is less of a distraction because watching it would mean I have to stand at a really uncomfortable angle.
- I spend less time cruising the internet because-hey, who wants to put up with aching feet just to watch some dumb stuff on youtube?
- Another benefit is that standing makes you much more likely to move. Even though I stand up to work, I am much less likely to sit down when I'm done working.
- Sometimes I prop a foot up on a step stool or stand on my yoga mat-these can help with discomfort as well.