Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ouch

Source
I have not been sticking to my workout schedule these last two weeks.

Excuses, they say, are the tools of the incompetent, and I have many, many tools.  The main one is that my gym membership expired with my student status.  I have a plan for working out at home, but somehow it's much more difficult to put in the hours in my living room.  At the gym, there's only the one thing to do-work out.  At home, the overflowing laundry basket, the overflowing kitchen sink, and general disorder keep calling my name and drawing me out of the zone.

I sucked it up Thursday and got a workout in.
Cardio: Two mile walk
Bodyweight Exercises: 50 Prisoner Squats, 15 Inverted Pull Ups, 30 Pushups (5 military style), 5 Dips, 10 Lunges (per side), Plank, Side Planks
WeightsDeadlifts (46 lbs total), Rows (46 lbs total), Clean and Press (46 lbs total), Chest Press (46 lbs total), Bicep Curls (18 lbs total)
All of my weighted exercises are done with dumbbells because that's what we have.  Most of these ended up being two sets of six reps each but for deadlifts I did thirty total in three sets of ten.

Even though it's been awhile since I did this workout, I was able to go heavier on everything except the bicep curls.  I think I need to go even heavier next time because I'm not feeling it in my upper body at all.

My legs, however, are screaming for mercy.

I still took them on a two mile walk this morning.

GANGSTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive