Friday, August 3, 2012

The Search by Nora Roberts

I don't know if I've mentioned it on this blog before, but I will read pretty much anything Nora Roberts writes.  Wes and I have mostly been reading her J.D. Robb novels, but I decided to jump back into her romances.

Source
I'm glad I did.  This book was an interesting mix of romance and thriller.
  • Simon Doyle is a great character if you are partial to gruff, cranky types who tend to say true things to your face.
  • Fiona Bristow is another great character.  Sensible, strong, engaging, and only a little nonsense but in a fun way.
  • The supporting people characters are charming on their own and I'd totally buy any books featuring any of them.
  • It makes you kind of want to love the Pacific Northwest.
  • The dogs.
  • The dogs.
  • The DOGS! (hilarious)
My favorite part:
He strode to the window, slapped the palm of his hand against the sparkling glass. "Leave it," he ordered, pointing at the smudged print he left behind.
"Okay.  Why?"
"I don't know why.  I don't have to know why, but if I want it gone, I'll wash it off.  You leave it alone." (Roberts, 387)
You can find a legitimate book review here.

Works Cited:

Roberts, Nora. The Search. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, 2010. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive