Thursday, September 27, 2012

Coping Strategies

I can bitch and complain about living in my husband's childhood bedroom-and believe you me, I have plenty to write about.  Or, I can catalogue the various avoidance coping strategies I've been using in attempts to deal with my ridiculous situation.

See more on Know Your Meme

My coping strategies of choice in the past included:
  • Soaking in some sun-actually leaving the house to get some fresh air
  • Taking a break from people, situations, places that are stressing me out.
  • Read a book.
  • Listen to music.
  • Talk to a friend.
  • Take a nap.
  • Clean or organize something.
  • Create a routine.
  • Research my issue, problem, the unknown, whatever to make sure I feel informed.
These have been great so far this year.  However, these strategies were not designed to stand up to the stress of being stranded in a house with one's retired in-laws for roughly ten hours a day.  They are also based on the good old days when I had access to some wheels.  We are currently living in a part of South Carolina that is merciless to those without cars.

I need some suggestions with more juice.  Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive