Monday, October 8, 2012

Coping Strategies: Pinteresting

I can bitch and complain about living in my husband's childhood bedroom-and believe you me, I have plenty to write about.  Or, I can catalogue the various avoidance coping strategies I've been using in attempts to deal with my ridiculous situation.







I love Pinterest as much as the next girl.  I like to sink into it, sometimes for hours at a time, just to get away from my own jacked up life for a little while.  It makes sense when you think about it.  Pinterest is where we can gather all the images and ideas into collections that can best represent to the rest of the world who we would like to be-not who we are.










It's like how Facebook used to be before too many people who knew you in real life friended you.

I can waste hours on Pinterest.  I put that strategy to the test and went several days in a row cruising through boards making up stories about the real lives of the curators.  That's right, I took my mindless web surfing up a notch.



Source: hex.io via Leonard on Pinterest

Here are my boards.

And these are some of my favorites: From PoC-Love of Learning



Source: thomerama.tumblr.com via Aunt on Pinterest


Aunt Ruth is the Truth.  Follow everything of hers.  I almost decided to take up knitting-before I came to my senses.

And I am addicted to Nerd boards: From Gettin' My Geek On




Source: teenormous.com via Laurel on Pinterest


Then there's this . . .




Source: feministe.us via Andrea on Pinterest



So clearly my time hasn't been totally wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive