Friday, March 15, 2013

Alright With Me: Tresseme Naturals Conditioner


If I had a list titled Things I Am Bad At By Arbitrary Internet Standards, having natural hair would be an item on that list.  It would probably be right underneath blogging.

I don't really obsess that much about my hair.  I mean sure, when it's been so long between detanglings that I have to cut chunks out I get a little anxious and berate myself.  Sure I watch youtube videos and check CurlyNikki religiously.  Sure I browse natural hair products at Target.  All of those things are passive though, and they very rarely translate into action.  I should have known this kind of laziness would happen as soon as my hair was long enough to snatch into a respectable ponytail.  Although to be all the way real, I had already downgraded my styling standards to intentionality.  (Basically I ask myself "Does my hair look like I meant it to look this way?"  If the answer is "Good enough" I consider myself good to go)

Despite my general lassitude in regard to my hair, I have made some recent intriguing discoveries.
Source
Tresseme Naturals is a pretty popular conditioner and with good reason.  I bought some as a splurge when I ran out of the even cheaper V05 stuff I have been using to detangle.  (I used to prefer Kinky Curly Knot Today but it's $11.00 and I use a lot to detangle-even diluting it with water in a spray bottle doesn't make it stretch sufficiently.  I could get a bottle of Blackberry Tea V05 conditioner for like .67 cents.  Of course, I used half a bottle at a time to detangle so volume wise, it wasn't that great either.)

I can work with this conditoner though.  It comes in a bigger bottle and it only took maybe 1/6 of it to do the job for my whole head.  I was actually able to wash and detangle my hair in the shower in about 45 minutes.  That's unheard of.  The point that sold me though is that I left some of this conditioner in and it actually had enough hold and weight for three decent hair days in a row.  Color me impressed.

I tried it as a leave in again with a little EcoStyler Gel on top and had an absolutely banging twist out -or about twenty minutes because it was raining cats and dogs.  Another list titled Things I No Longer Care About Now That My Hair is Natural would have rain and umbrellas on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive