Monday, February 28, 2011

Budget Planning: When It's Cheaper to Pay Shipping

I got busy spending some moolah, some scrilla, some samolians today, 

I had two glorious weekend days off in a row and rather than spend them cooped up in a car, I let my fingers do the walking and ordered this.

Source
The Paper-Source Swatchbook. 

Now, I am not what you would call a big internet shopper and there is a Paper Source in Atlanta which is only about an hour or so away from our digs.  With our two glorious days of freedom we could have easily made the drive.  Shipping costs nearly as much as the product itself.   So why order it online?

In this case, my dears, I find seven bucks worth of shipping a small price to pay.  Seven dollars is less than the gas money such a trip would use up.  Espcecially since it's unlikely I would make up my mind about invitation colors and whatnot after just one trip.  Seven dollars is also a reasonable price to pay for a satisfyingly lazy weekend.  No road trip.  No traffic.  And I love myself a nice swatchbook.  I find it a cost-effective solution to an internet shopping problem

What's not to like?

Now of course, I'll be counting the days until my pretty gets here.  And yes. . . this means we are finally getting around to starting invitation production!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive