Friday, February 25, 2011

Wedding Inspiration: Colors? How About All of Them?!

Look at this!

Source
Doesn't that make you just want to siiiiiiiiiigh.  So pretty.

I don't think I've ever mentioned my slight obsession with all things Rainbow Brite.  I love color and I think that's one reason I gravitate toward white and neutrals as backdrops so often.  Neutrals make colors really pop.

As a member of the Offbeat Bride Tribe and as a longtime lurker on that site, I am not unfamiliar with rainbow weddings, rainbow dresses or rainbow brides.  Something about this wedding, originally posted on Love and Lavender, really spoke to me and I think that it is the underlying earthiness of it all and how well the brights tie into that.

Also, rainbow cake.  I totally had a moment with that one.

I just love this for a lot of reasons but one big one is that rainbows are a symbolic way, if you so choose, to express your feelings about marriage equality.  A lot of brides who want to support gay marriage do so by including notes in programs or including words in their ceremonies.  I think those are wonderful, brave, supportive, and loving things to do.  What I like about incorporating rainbows into weddings, with all their symbolism, is how joyous, beautiful, seamless and right it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive