Monday, April 11, 2011

Athens Awesome: Blockader Homebrew Supply

Wes and I like to explore Athens on slow days.  I thought it would be fun to write about our excursions.

Remember that post where I talked about how the internet convinces me to do stuff?  Well, I decided that I wanted to make my own ginger ale.  Every recipe called for a plastic bottle but I watched this documentary on Netflix about how plastic is toxic so I thought I would at least look into trying to find an alternative.  Which led me to google.  Which led me to Blockader.

Source
Wes and I decided to check it out.

This place is awesome.  It has this kind of dungeony, speakeasy vibe which I appreciated.  That's just gloss though, because it also has all the equipment you would need to really start cranking out some brew.  Even though we were there for pretty frivolous purposes (which I will blog about later) the guy, the owner, random dude ( I guess I should research such things) was an absolute fount of information.  And I have to say, we love it when people so obviously love their work.  Wes got to get some of his mad scientist yaya's out in conversation too. 

It's always nice to find your people.

Anyway, if you want to check out a cool local business, or embark on experimentation with homebrewing you should totally check out Blockader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive