Thursday, April 21, 2011

Athens Awesome: State Botanical Garden of Georgia

Last Saturday was a perfect day.  Not too hot, not too cool.  It was beautiful.  So I dragged the boys out to the garden.  Wes and I had been there before but we went in the winter . . .  not the best time to go to a botanical garden.

But . . . I wanted something soothing.






Maidenhair tree . . . I'm obsessed with gingko.

Some roses were already in bloom





Tulips

I just added a rose draped arbor to my mental dream home.  Stand under this and just inhale.  It smelled delicious.

The botanical gardens are free and there are all kinds of goodies along the trails.  There was a wedding on Saturday and plenty of people just wandering around, picnicing, or tanning but it still felt pretty secluded. 

It was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive