Friday, June 17, 2011

Timing Out

There have been a lot of changes around the old new Ponderosa lately.  We moved, I started summer school . . .  and Wes got a part time job! These things are all pretty awesome.

The not so awesome?

Wes starts his job next week and I also still work part time--across town.  I've been making it to work on time but barely . . . and this is only because Wes picks me up outside of my classroom building and whisks me away to my gig.  We won't be able to maintain that though.  Why?

We have been a one car family for nearly a year now.

I thought it would be a pain in the ass not having a car of my own.  Instead, I've found it incredibly liberating.  No car, no insurance, no gas . . . money that can be spent on other things.  We only needed one since Wes was in class full time and I was the only one working.  Things will be different now.  We will both be working similar hours and I don't know how possible it would be for me to make it to work on time throughout most of the week.

Additionally, there hasn't been much time to finish homework or finish unpacking . . . and nothing left over to work on the wedding.  Since I work most evenings in a week, it's pretty much go, go, go on classwork from 6 a.m. on. 

I just don't know how to make this work or even if eight dollars an hour is even worth this much angst.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive