Thursday, September 15, 2011

How to Sanitize Your Online Presence

First, cancel your Myspace account.  Myspace is seedy.

Then, get Draconian about privacy on facebook-or create an alias.  I have a lot of friends who teach who do this but . . . I have this thing about aliases.  I think they are dumb.

Then . . .  Google how to go about this business properly.

What I found is that I don't have enough of an online presence to justify paying for a service.  This makes a certain amount of sense as I generally maintain a low profile on social media websites. 

This is good because it means I don't have to worry about inappropriate pictures of me popping up for employers during a job search.

This is bad because I have no online presence to speak of.  Ideally I would like some material to surface with my name on it-preferably showing me in a favorable light.

It seems that what I really need to focus on is building an online brand.  This should be exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive